Excellent faculty, curricula that reflect the most current applications in the field, multiple degree options, personal advising, and the ability to shape an undergraduate program that meets your needs are among the reasons Johns Hopkins Department of Computer Science is held in such high regard.
BS Program Objectives and Outcomes
The BS in computer science degree program is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET.
Objectives: What our graduates should be able to do:
- Successfully engage in professional practice in the computing sciences or apply computer science tools and techniques to another field of interest.
- Pursue advanced study in the computing sciences.
- Work successfully in both independent and team environments.
- Lead teams and provide vision for innovation.
- Behave in a professional and ethical manner.
Outcomes: Our graduates should possess the skills to:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.