My work is currently focused on statistical machine translation, but
more broadly defined, my interest is to make use of the vast amount of
information that is available in digital form.
My book on statistical machine translation is now available from amazon.com.
More on the Machine Translation Group here. Come and join our weekly meeting!
I am also affilliated with the University of Edinburgh, some more information can be found on a web page there.
- EN 600.233 Computer Systems Fundamentals, Fall 2016, Spring 2018, Fall 2019
- EN 600.335/435 Artificial Intelligence, Fall 2015, Spring 2017, Spring 2019
- EN 600.468 Machine Translation, Spring 2015, 2016, Fall 2017, Fall 2018
- EN 600.768 Selected Topics in Machine Translation, every Spring and Fall
software and resources
- Statistical Machine Translation Website
- Text book, 2010
- Moses, an open source statistical machine translation system
- Online Translation, based on Moses
- SMT Research Survey Wiki, a Wiki covering all research publications in statistical machine translation
- Online Evaluation Matrix, EuroMatrix project
- Computer Aided Translation Tool CASMACAT, CASMACAT project
- Computer Aided Translation Tool Caitra, EuroMatrixPlus project
- Pharaoh, 2003, 2004, a beam search decoder for phrase-based statistical machine translation models (replaced by Moses)
- Global Voices Parallel Corpus, 2015, 2016.
- Parallel Corpus European Parliament Proceedings,
2001, 2003, 2007.
- German-English Parallel Corpus "de-news", Daily News 1996-2000,
graduated phd students