I'm a PhD student in the Department of Computer Science, Johns Hopkins University. As a member of Center for Language and Speech Processing, I'm currently involved in research on neural machine translation. Yet personally, I'm interested in problems of different categories in the field of natural language processing. My advisors are Philipp Koehn and Kevin Duh.
Before joining Johns Hopkins, I got my Bachelor's degree in Beijing University of Posts & Telecommunications. During the last year of my undergraduate study, I worked with Weiwei Sun in the Language Computing and Web Mining Group of Institute of Computer Science & Technology, Peking University, with a focus on semantic parsing and Chinese word segmentation.
- March 2018: I will be doing a deep learning research internship this summer with Salesforce Research (previously MetaMind).
- Nov 2017: I will be serving on the program committee of ACL 2018 (machine translation).
- May 2016: I'm doing a Applied Research Scientist internship with Amazon at Pittsburgh (previously Safaba Translation Solutions).
- June 2015: I'm visiting statistical machine translation group of University of Edinburgh.
- 600.465: Natural Language Processing
- 600.475: Machine Learning
- 600.468: Machine Translation
- 600.676: Machine Learning: Data to Models
- 050.620: Syntax I
- 600.615: Big Data, Small Languages, Scalable Systems
- 550.661: Nonlinear Optimization I
- 600.420: Parallel Programming
- Fall 2017: Graduate Teaching Assistant, EN.600.468/601.668 Machine Translation. Checkout the neural network and NMT homework I designed.
- Spring 2017: Guest Lecture, EN.600.435 Artificial Intelligence -- Markov Decision Process
- Spring 2016: Guest Lecture, EN.600.468 Machine Translation -- Syntax-Based Models
- The JHU Machine Translation Systems for WMT 2017 | Shuoyang Ding, Huda Khayrallah, Philipp Koehn, Matt Post, Gaurav Kumar, and Kevin Duh, WMT 2017 [pdf]
- The JHU Machine Translation Systems for WMT 2016 | Shuoyang Ding, Kevin Duh, Huda Khayrallah, Philipp Koehn, and Matt Post, WMT 2016 [pdf]
- Grammatical Relations in Chinese:GB-Ground Extraction and Data-Driven Parsing | Weiwei Sun, Yantao Du, Xin Kou, Shuoyang Ding, Xiaojun Wan, ACL 2014 [pdf]
- Multi-Modal Data Augmentation for End-to-end ASR | Adithya Renduchintala, Shuoyang Ding, Matthew Wiesner, Shinji Watanabe, 2018 [pdf]
- Backstitch: Counteracting Finite-sample Bias via Negative Steps | Yiming Wang, Hossein Hadian, Shuoyang Ding, Ke Li, Hainan Xu, Xiaohui Zhang, Daniel Povey, Sanjeev Khudanpur, 2017 [pdf]