Just a little game calling out conference tropes. Can also be a drinking game.
You “win” if you experience all of the following:
- Audience member’s phone rings (automatic win if it’s the speakers phone)
- IT problem
- You cannot read a figure due to font smallness, etc.
- Talk goes over time
Add-ons for virtual conferences:
- Meeting not configured properly for screenshare
- Audience members are not muted upon joining
- Pet appearing on camera steals the attention
Add-ons for social science conferences:
- “Great question. Let me complicate this.”
- Repeats a big word without defining it (e.g. “epistemology”)
Did you win? Want to add more rules? Let me know! @Alexir563
Last updated August 2021.