Links: [News][Publications] [Open Positions][Students][Teaching][Funding][Short Bio]
- Address: 3400 North Charles Street, Malone 211, Baltimore, MD 21218
- Phone: (410) 516-4975
- Fax: (410) 516-6134
I am an Associate Professor in
the Department of Computer Science
at Johns Hopkins University, with the secondary appointment in the Department of Applied Mathematics and Statistics
I graduated from UCLA
; before that, I was leading the research group at HyperRoll
, Israeli startup that has been acquired by Oracle
in 2009. My research interests include efficient sublinear algorithms (such as sketches and coresets) and their applications to data science, machine and deep learning, systems and networks, physics and astronomy, oncology and radiology.
- Program Committee: ICDT 2021, ICALP 2020, SOSA 2020, PODS 2020, CSR 2019, LATIN 2018, SODA 2018 , FOCS 2017, MASSIVE 2016, COCOON 2015
- Associate Editor for Journal of Computer and System Sciences (JCSS)
- Co-organizer of NSF workshop on programmable networks, NYC, 2018
- Co-organizer of Joint PI Meeting: NSF BIGDATA and Big Data Hubs and Spokes, 2018
- Co-organizer of Capital Theory Day, Baltimore, MD, 2016
- Co-organizer of Sublinear Algorithms Workshop, Baltimore, MD, 2016
- Co-organizer of Processing Big Data Streams, Shonan Village Center, Japan, 2017
Openings: I am looking for outstanding students and postdocs who are interested to work on algorithmic challenges of modern machine and deep learning.
If you are interested, please send me an email.