I am a Ph.D. Student at the computer science department of Johns Hopkins University, working with Dr. Soudeh Ghorbani . I received my Master's in computer engineering from Iran University of Science and Technology, under the supervision of Dr. Seyed Vahid Azhari .
Prior to my master, I got my B.Sc degree in Information Technology from department of Computer Engineering and Information Technology at
Shiraz University of Technology, Iran.
I am primarily interested in networked systems, with a focus on software defined networking (SDN) . Recently, I have been focusing on Microbursts, the main culprit of packet loss in data centers, and exploring how we can build a burst-tolerant data center.
Proposing a novel Model of SIP networks using SDN, The 2nd International
Conference on Knowledge-based Research in Computer Engineering and IT, Tehran, Iran, Sep. 2017 (In Persian)
Sougol Gheissi, Seyed Vahid Azhari
- • Teaching assistant, Johns Hopkins University
- Cloud Computing (Fall 2020)
- • Teaching assistant, Iran University of Science and Technology
- Wireless Communications: (Fall 2017)
- • Teaching assistant, Shiraz University of Technology
- Data Base(Lab Instructor): (Spring 2011, Spring 2012)
- Advance Programming: (Fall 2010, Fall 2011)