Welcome to Women in Computer Science at JHU!
Sign-up for and view our mailing list at: https://www.cs.jhu.edu/mailman/listinfo/wics [You can unsubscribe yourself there too if necessary.]
Also join our Facebook group: http://tinyurl.com/jhuwics
and visit our student-run website: http://wics.acm.jhu.edu/
When school is in session we aim to hold dinner meetings with an invited guest speaker and yummy food at least once a semester. We also meet informally in “Coding Circles” weekly throughout the semester:
Coding Circle, Fridays in Malone 228, 4:30-?: Bring your laptops, hang out with fellow students; nail polish and chocolate is always available. Come when you can, leave when you have to.
- ACM-W – ACM’s Women in Computing organization
- CRA-W – Committee on the Status of Women in Computing Research
- NCWIT – National Center for Women and Information Technology
- Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing
- Women in STEM – comprehensive list of resources including scholarships and career information
- WitsOn! – Women in Technology Sharing On-line, a new mentoring community
- she++ – a Stanford based community for innovative women in technology
- wrogrammer.org – a collection of the stories of real female software engineers
- Various resources for women considering CS
- GoGrad – resources for women considering and pursuing graduate degrees
- ComputerScience.org – resources for all students, including a special section for women
- MoneyGeek – information about and for female students in STEM fields
- Great Women in CS – a blog with brief bios about many pioneering females
- Changing the Curve – Berkeley’s infographic about Women in Computing
This page maintained by Joanne Selinski. Please contact her with suggestions on new content.