Implementations of Access Matix (cont.)
- A list of sets (one per domain). Each set has a capability list of the type <object, right-set>. (a row in the matrix).
- Do not correspond directly to the need of a user (users work with objects).
- Useful to localize access information for a process (because it executes in one domain).
A lock-key mechanism:
- A compromise between access lists and capability lists.
- Each object has a list of unique locks.
- Each domain has a list keys.
- A process executing in a domain can access the object if the domain has a key to one of the object locks.