- Each volume contains:
- Boot block
- Super block - file system parameters such as size of the file system (number of blocks), free blocks list, size of inode section, etc.
- inode section.
- Data space.
- Accessing the file file_name
- If /a/b/c, the root inode is known. If a/b/c, the current directory inode is know. Start from there as working inode.
- While not end of path
- check if working inode is a directory, check permission
- locate name in directory and get inode of that name.
- return working inode.