Acyclic-Graph Directory (Cont.)
There are several ways to implement shared files and directories.
Example - Unix:
- Symbolic links:
- A different type of a directory entry (other than a file or a directory).
- Specifies the name of the file that this link is pointing to.
- Can be relative or absolute.
- What happens when one deletes the original file?
- Duplicate directory entries (also called hard links):
- The original and copy entries are the same.
- What happens when one deletes the original or copy entries?