- Office: Malone 211. Office hours: Thursday 1:30-2:30pm
- Address: 3400 North Charles Street, Malone 211, Baltimore, MD 21218
- Phone: (410) 516-4975
- Fax: (410) 516-6134
I am an Assistant Professor in
the Department of Computer Science
in the Whiting School of Engineering at the Johns Hopkins University.
Also, I am a member of The Institute for Data Intensive Engineering and Science (IDIES)
and a member of Executive Committee of The Johns Hopkins Mathematical Institute for Data Science (MINDS)
. I graduated from UCLA where I was advised by Prof. Rafail Ostrovsky
. Before that, I was leading the research group at HyperRoll
Streaming and sketching algorithms, sub-linear algorithms and their applications to data science, software defined networks, cosmology, and machine learning.
Spring 2018: Introduction to Algorithms/Algorithms 1 (601.433/633)
Fall 2017: Randomized and Big Data Algorithms (601.464/664).
Students and Postdocs:
I have been fortunate to advise the following great researchers.
Current Ph.D. Students:
Former Ph.D. Students:
Clustering of Massive Datasets and Applications
- Program Committee, LATIN 2018, SODA 2018, FOCS 2017, MASSIVE 2016, COCOON 2015
- Associate Editor, Journal of Computer and System Sciences (JCSS)
- Co-organizer of Capital Theory Day, Baltimore, MD, 2016
- Co-organizer of Sublinear Algorithms Workshop, Baltimore, MD, 2016
- Co-organizer of Processing Big Data Streams, Shonan Village Center, Japan, 2017