600.498: Programming Contest Lab
Spring Term 2004
Meetings: every Tuesday at 5 pm
- Christian Scheideler: Mon 5-7 pm, Wyman 403
The course will prepare students for the ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest (ICPC).
Prerequisites: good knowledge in algorithms and programming.
- Feb 3: tests in the CS lab, 2nd floor of NEB
- Feb 10: search algorithms
- Feb 17: graph algorithms
- Feb 24: geometric algorithms
- Mar 2: dynamic programming
- Mar 9: other algorithms (linear programming, combinatorial optimization,
- Mar 16: 4-hour practice in CS lab (spring break)
- Mar 23: 2-hour practice in CS lab
A version 0.1 of the ICPC manual can be downloaded here
(in ps and pdf).
Last modified: Tue Jan 20 2004