[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Return to main CEDA-L Archive Page
Re: case request (SE?SC Region)
Here are a few teams and more details on cases for your list. Please send
us a copy when you are finished.
Appalachian State DM -
1) Methyl Bromide kills people who breathe it in
2) Have the USFG immediately stop the use, storage, stockpile, sale,
export, etc. of MB
3) MB destroys the Ozone Layer letting in UVB light, stoppin MB will solve
4) UVB light kills off various species causing ecosystem collapse
5) UVB light kills phytoplankton, preventing CO2 absorbtion
Appalachian State FP
Landmines are horrible evil weapons that kill civilian men women and
chikdr. THey are a horrible tool of war. THerefore the uSFG will stop the
export/production of landmines. No modelling claimed, solvency contentions
are interpspersed throughout case arguments.
Jacksonville State / U North Florida BB (goes under Jacksonville)
1) Ships carrying Ballast Water dump this in us waters when they take on
new cargo loads in US ports. This water contains microorganisms.
2) Plan requires ships to use UV filters and special piping to eliminate
3) UV filters will kill off the microorganisms, repiping kills off all of
the microorganisms, other redundancy factors kill off all the microorganisms
4) Must stop the microorganisms because they can have unintended effects
and wipe out the natural species. They claim that this is needed to ensure
our obligations under the Marine(?) Species Act.
1) Everglades are being polluted by runoff by various industries. THe
only identified industry is the sugar-cane industry. Includes fertilizer
2) Plan creates a planning committee that operates on the local level to
grant, review, and deny all permits for Everglades Activity. Will include
balanced membership inclusing Mikosookee (spelled wrong here) and other
3) Sc 1 they save species from pollution. Everglades are unique area, we
cannot save unless we save the glades. snowballs to all lifeon earth 9cards
say to Panama CAnal).
4) SC 2 they save indigineous people. State and local ingnore the tribal
people. THis allows genocidalpollution into the glades. Have imperative to
help them, not flagged as voter.
Hog Farming, same as national Big Pig cases
Small PArticulates kill. People breathe them in and get cancer and die.
THey also contribute to global climate cycle, but this is not clearly
impacted out of 1AC. Advocates a move to Hydrogen fuel cell cars. THey
emit no pollutants, will be ready for sale in 7 years.
Same RFG as at Swing Tournaments - ecorealistic policy solves better,
solve acid rain, air pollution kills 35K
Same Ture Fires as Swing - mosquitoes carry dengue + encephalitis, tire
Landmines, like ASU's except it claims we have a moral obligation to stop
exporting land mines and calims global modelling allowing for full clean-up
1) Indoor Air Pollution is horrible for our nation's heath. It kills
350,000 people a year.
2) Plan handates that all new buildings be built with HVAC system. Old
air pollutions must be repaired so that indoor air particles are below _____
ppm. Contains many extra-topical planks.
3) HVAC and retrofitting will solve indoor air pollution
1) lots of people have mercury fillings in their teeth. This gives them
diseases and, when they are cremated after death, the mercury becomes an
extrnal air and water pollutant.
2) The ADA lies and says that mercury fillings donot kill people. The FDA
agrees and has refused to classify mercury fillings as quack medicine.
3) Plan stops the use of mercury in all fillings.
4) ADV - rights consent - the people ge tthe choice about waht is put into
their body. Instead of being violated by their unethical dentist, they are
able to have a longer and better life because they don't have posin in their
Benjamin R. Bates
University of Richmond
Archive created by Jonathan Stanton (email@example.com)
Return to main CEDA-L Archive Page