The following courses may count towards the Basic Science credit requirements for the BS in Computer Science and the BA in Computer Science. Note that courses with both N and S designators (or any other combination), may only be used to satisfy one type of requirement. All course selections must be with the explicit approval of your advisor.
- All Biology courses and labs numbered 020.xxx
- All Biophysics courses and labs numbered 250.xxx, with the exception of 250.205 Intro to Computing
- All Chemistry courses and labs numbered 030.xxx
- Physics and Astronomy courses and labs numbered 171.xx and 173.xxx, with the exception of: 171.113 Subatomic World
- Earth and Planetary science courses and labs numbered 270.xxx.
- N courses offered by engineering departments may be counted.
- Brain related Cognitive Science courses 050.xxx that have an ‘N’ designator may be counted, but language/linguistics related N courses may not.
- Brain related Neuroscience courses 080.xxx that have an ‘N’ designator may be counted, but language/linguistics related N courses may not.
Note: Psychology courses 200.xxx with N designators may NOT be applied toward the basic science requirements. Co-listed N courses in other departments such as Neuroscience or Biology should be taken from those departments instead.