Approved Science Courses
The following courses may count towards the Basic Science
credit requirements for the BS in Computer Science and the
BA in Computer Science. Note that courses with both N and S
designators (or any other combination), may only be used to
satisfy one type of requirement. All course
selections must be with the explicit approval of your
- All Biology courses and labs numbered 020.xxx
- All Biophysics courses and labs numbered 250.xxx,
with the exception of 250.205 Intro to Computing
- All Chemistry courses and labs numbered 030.xxx
- Physics and Astronomy courses and labs numbered 171.xx and 173.xxx, with the exception of: 171.113 Subatomic World
- Earth and Planetary science courses and labs
- N courses offered by engineering departments may be
- Brain related Cognitive Science courses 050.xxx that
have an 'N' designator may be counted, but
language/linguistics related N courses may not.
- Brain related Neuroscience courses 080.xxx that have an 'N'
designator may be counted, but language/linguistics related N
courses may not.
Note: Psychology courses 200.xxx with N designators may NOT be
applied toward the basic science requirements. Co-listed N courses
in other departments such as Neuroscience or Biology should be
taken from those departments instead.>